Thursday, August 26, 2010

Times they are a changin'

In our house we have a never ending battle over what's for breakfast. Alex thinks a single sausage link is a balanced meal, while Victoria is more likely to have a waffle (cut into strips) every day for the rest of her life.

As we prepared for the start of the school year, I thought I would mix it up a little and ask the kids for new ideas for breakfast food. Maybe oatmeal, cereal or-I don't know-something crazy like eggs.

In the cereal aisle at Walmart, I told Alex to pick out whatever kind of cereal he wanted. He said he hates them all. (I think it has something to do with his aversion to honey. The rest of us like Honey Nut Cheerios, but Alex can smell the honey from the next room and has a fit!)

Anyway, I tried to get him to get a box of Kix. I told him, "You used to love Kix. You used to eat it all the time." To which he replied, "Times change. Seriously, mommy, they do."

0 comments:

Post a Comment